Dublin 11, Ireland Phone: +353 (0) 834208251 Email: [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) Linkedin: [https://www.linkedin.com/in/mick-o-donovan](https://www.linkedin.com/in/mick-o-donovan)
Certifications and Qualifications
- Cisco Certified Networks Professional CCNP, Self Training
- Cisco CCNA, July 2010, Self Training
- Alcatel Lucent NRS1, Vendor training and self study
- Sco Unix Administration, May 2002, Griffin Software Training Centre
- Computer Installation Service & Maintenance, October 1999 – April 2000, Fas Training Centre, Baldoyle.
- 1 Year Accounting & Finance, September 1998 – October 1999, Dundalk Institute of Technology
June 2016 - Present
: Data Sales Specialist; BT (Dublin)
I currently hold a position as a Data Sales Specialist with BT Ireland’s Business Sales department organisation. The primary responsibility that I have is to provide technical pre sales assistance to our Account Directors and Desk Based Sales Account managers. The role involves a lot of face to face meetings with external customers with the aim of providing them with assistance in ordering new data services from BT Ireland as well as promoting our data connectivity capabilities with a view to growing the business. Some other central skills involved in the roll would include;
- Configuring and pricing Managed WAN connectivity and services end to end
- Working with commercial finance teams to devise an agreeable pricing model for new customer services
- Understanding the requirements to meet so as to ensure sufficient margin is made on all sales
- Scoping and designing simplex, complex and bespoke solutions for our customers
March 2004 - May 2016
: Network Optimization Engineer; BT (Dublin)
Until May 2016 I held a position as a Senior Network Professional with BT Ireland’s Networks department in the role of Network Optimization Engineer. The primary responsibility that I had was to provide 2nd and 3rd level support for our Layer 2 and Layer 3 network services. Support was provided to our internal customers such as the Network Control Centre and the Global Business Helpdesk as well as external customers directly.
- Responsible for support and consultation on all BT Ireland Domestic ISP, Metro Ethernet, Government, MPLS, Layer 2 Transport and Data Communications Management Network (DCN).
- Specializations in Cisco IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE and NXOS as well as ADVA, Nokia/Alcatel Lucent Service Router and Juniper router/switch platforms (JUNOS).
- Strong knowledge of Linux and highly experienced user of any Unix (SCO/etc), MacOS and Microsoft operating systems. I am a frequent user of shell scripting and have built basic scripts for mass configuration deployment using simple expect scripts, as well as Ansible with NAPALM for automated configuration generation and deployment.
Technical Lead for our domestic ISP network from an operational integrity perspective and have attended RIPE conferences on behalf of the LIR (Local Internet Registry).
- Other technologies I’ve dealt with in the role include Microsoft Sharepoint, IPv6, SDH, PDH, DWDM, Radio, Fiber Optics, DSL, L2TP, PPPoE, 802.1*, LibreNMS, Cacti, Cricket, OpenNMS and many more.
- Experience working with Cisco ASA Firewall technologies.
- Designed a new IPv6 addressing scheme for the ISP network and was responsible for its full rollout.
May 2002 - March 2004
: Network Controller; BT (Dublin)
Between 2002 and 2004 I held a position as a Network Controller in the Network Management Centre of Esat BT, the Irish Control centre of the BT Group. In this role I was responsible for the management of the major networks of the then BT Ignite Group from our Dublin Control Centre. The main networks I would be responsible for fault managing were:
- Lucent & Nortel PDH/SDH - Dublin Metro, and National backbone Telecommunications network of EsatBT. This requires a working knowledge of Nortel TN1x, 4x, 4xe, 16x, 16xe, 64x, etc.
- IP, Frame-relay, ATM, wireless network management.
- Voice Switch alarm management for DMS and AXE technology.
- Radio/Microwave link alarm management.
- EsatBT Corporate and Consumer ISP alarm management.
- Network Infrastructure Team at BTYSTE:
I have been a volunteer since 2002 at the BT Young Scientist and Technologist Exhibition in Dublin and have been part of the core organizational team since around 2008. Since 2004 I have been part of the Network Infrastructure and Support team for the exhibition. This role involves;
- Complete campus network design, plan and implementation of a primarily wireless access infrastructure for students, exhibitors and guests of which there are approximately 45,000 people to cater for.
- Worked with Cisco Access Point deployment, Cisco Wireless controller configuration and deployment, Cisco PRIME Infrastructure as well as delivering a completely redundant layer 2 access network. In more recent years, we also worked with Cisco Meraki MX, MS and MR deployment.
- I am the lead engineer on the Internet Access deployment for the site.
- Deployment of an IPT suite for the Media Centre on site and experience working on Cisco Call Manager technologies.
Extra Section, Call it Whatever You Want
- English (native speaker)
- This is what a nested list looks like.
Other sort of impressive-sounding thing you did